You know what I love!? Banana bread! You know what sounds even better!? THIS recipe from PaleOMG for Gingerbread Banana Bread!! How perfect would this be on a weekend morning paired with your coffee sitting beside your Christmas tree!? Or, maybe you need a healthier treat to leave in the office break room to send home with your boss this Holiday season. I have a feeling this could be your go-to!
It’s dairy and gluten free and grain free (it’s Paleo, so duh) so pretty much good for anyone! I can’t wait to make this as soon as my bananas get too ripe, haha. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 brown (or super ripe) bananas, mashed
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c cashew butter (or other nut)
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons organic powdered sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan. Line the middle with parchment paper. (It will make it easier to remove the bread from the pan once baked.)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until completely combined into a batter.
- Pour into loaf pan and place in oven to bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, place on cooling rack and let rest.
- Once cool, top with sifted powdered sugar, cut & enjoy!!