It’s here, it’s here, the Open is here!!! The Open starts THIS Thursday and will run for the next 5 weeks! We’re super excited to run the first workout this Saturday at our 8:30 & 9:30am CF classes. AND Yoga for Athletes is THIS Saturday!!! Sarah has a great class prepared for us, knowing that class is right after the first open workout. So bring your mat, grab a friend if you want (only $5 for non-members) and join us!!
Just a few reminders about the way we work the Open at CFP:
- If you are participating in CFP’s Open Challenge and ordered a shirt, they are in! So pick up your t-shirt or tank this week while at the box!
- We will run the workouts on Saturdays at our 8:30 & 9:30am CF classes (2/24 – 18.1, 3/3 – 18.2, 3/10 – 18.3, 3/17 – 18.4) and the very last week of the open, we will run the workout Friday night lights style beginning at 6pm (3/23 – 18.5).
- We run 2 heats during the 8:30 & 9:30am classes so that everyone can have a judge and someone to count their reps. Depending on the workout, class often runs over a bit and 9:30 might start a little later, so just be aware of this 🙂
- For the Friday night lights workout, we run as many heats as needed, order in some food, people bring food to share & we all celebrate and toast to the end of the Open!! It’s always a fun night so be sure to get this on your calendar!
- If you are unable to make it to Saturday classes and are participating in the Open (either officially with games.crossfit.com or for our Open Challenge), we will of course make sure you are able to get the workout in whether it’s off to the side during regular classes, open gym, etc.
- If you are officially signed up for the Open, you MUST have your score entered into your account with games.crossfit.com by 8pm Monday each week for it to be validated. There are absolutely no exceptions (this is per CrossFit!) and scores cannot be entered late.
- Due to the fact that the Open workouts are unknown, we do not program for Friday (since we do the Open WODs on Saturdays) until the workout has been released Thursday night. So each week in the look ahead Friday & Saturday are basically unknown 😉
Should be a FUN 5 weeks ahead!!! We can’t wait! Here’s your look ahead…
Monday – Back squat day!! Working through some percentages and retesting our ME set at 80% from the week of 1/15. Then a fun spring of rowing, DB thrusters and bar MU!
Tuesday – A little shoulder to overhead cycling to start us off, followed by a fun 12 min AMRAP of deadlifts, bar facing burpees and doubles!
Wednesday – Practicing our touch and go power cleans first today. Then a 15 min AMRAP of c2b pull-ups, push-ups & wallballs, oh my.
Thursday – Getting gymnasty today, some upside down work plus some ring work! After, 3 sets of rowing and burpees. Here’s hoping 18.1 isn’t 12.1 (7 mins of burpees 😉 )
Friday – TBD once 18.1 is released!
Saturday – 18.1!
Sunday Oly with Becca – Come get your lift on with us!
RISE Look Ahead
Monday – Glycolytic Interval – 45 sec on/15 sec off
Tuesday – Aerobic Interval – 1:20 on/30 sec off
Wednesday – Strength Day!!
Thursday – Glycolytic Interval – 20 sec on/10 sec off (aka Tabata good time!)
Friday – Anaerobic Interval – 20 sec on/20 sec off
Saturday – Aerobic Interval – 1:05 on/25 sec off
It’s definitely going to be an awesome week…we’ll see you at the box!