If you’re in the habit of swinging by Starbucks for a morning pick me up, you know how tempting that glass case of treats can be! Instead of indulging in extra calories, added sugar, and loads of carbs, make the switch to this tasty morning treat!!
You could easily use decaf coffee if you’re wanting a post dinner treat (without the caffeine) or sub in unsweetened almond milk instead of coffee for the kiddos to enjoy a mug cake as well! Use my favorite dairy free protein powder to make this a dairy free friendly option as well!
Chocolate Mocha Protein Breakfast Mug Cake
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1-2 egg whites (or 1/4 c liquid egg whites)
- 1/4 c coffee
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- stevia or honey to taste to sweeten
- Spray a microwavable mug with cooking spray.
- Stir protein powder, baking powder, coconut flour and sweetener of choice together in coffee mug.
- Add egg whites and coffee and stir until combined.
- Microwave 60 seconds or until the center is cooked through.
- Let sit until cooked a bit.