This week’s Tasty Tuesday recipe may be the easiest one ever!! 3 ingredients, set it and forget it in the crockpot & voila – dinner is served!!! This recipe hails from local blogger Christina over at Carolina Charm. She shares the most amazing crockpot hack to cook your chicken & sweet potatoes all in one!
Then she adds in some delicious pesto to make that plain ol chicken not so plain! Who would’ve thought pesto chicken & sweet potatoes could be such a yummy combo!? This recipe makes a week night meal (or two) so simple, so really you have zero excuses to not eat healthy!
Try out this crockpot hack & recipe ASAP! Enjoy!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/3 c pesto (you can find plenty of yummy, “clean” store bought pestos or make your own right at home – here’s a great pesto recipe to try from skinnytaste!)
- Assemble your crockpot and place your sweet potatoes on one side & the chicken on the other.
- Pour pesto over top chicken.
- Place the lid on your crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the cooked potatoes (there will be liquid at the bottom of the pot) and set aside.
- Shred chicken (I love to use my kitchen aid mixer for this – just scoop out chicken, pesto and a little liquid).
- Slice open your potatoes, stuff with chicken, and dig in!
Cheers to an easy & healthy dinner!