Who doesn’t love a good 3 ingredient recipe!? These simple 3 ingredient energy bars from The Kitchn Blog are so yummy, have endless possibilities for add-ins and specialty combinations, and can be kept for weeks in the fridge or even a few months in the freezer! Super easy to grab and go, can easily be made in bulk to stock up, and no baking involved!
Grab these 3 ingredients and any other add-ins you like and try these out! Enjoy!
- 1 c nuts (I like to use almonds)
- 1 c dried fruit (I like no sugar added cranberries)
- 1 c pitted dates
- any optional add-ins: chocolate chips, chia seeds, shredded coconut, cherries, cinnamon, protein powder, cocoa powder, almond (or other nut) butter, etc
- Combine nuts, dried fruit, and dates in a food processor, pulsing a few times first, then for 1-2 minutes until a ball forms. (Scrape down sides as needed.)
- Mix in any optional ingredients either by hand (if you want them to remain chunky) or with the food processor.
- Place ball of ‘dough’ onto wax paper and using your hands, press into a square (about 8×8).
- Wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Cut into smaller squares as desired and store separated by small pieces of wax paper (so they don’t stick together).
- Eat and enjoy!