Meet our January 2019 Athlete of the Month…Evelyn Karras!!
Evelyn is coming up on her 18 month anniversary with us at CrossFit Pineville!! She joined us back in August of 2017 and has been a regular at the 7pm class since. Evelyn always walks in with a smile and gives the WOD her best effort that day. That hard work is paying off with all kinds of gold stars on the whiteboard!! Woohoo!
Keep up the awesome work Evelyn, the best is yet to come!! Read more about Evelyn below…
- Tell us about yourself in a few sentences. I was born and raised in Charlotte, very rare these days, but I am Greek!! Both of my parents immigrated from Greece, which means I have quite a large family. I grew up playing sports, soccer in particular, but those days are long behind me now. I even stayed local for college and went to UNCC and received my bachelor’s degree in foreign languages (Spanish). I joined CFP about a year and a half ago just after turning 30 and feel the strongest I’ve ever felt.
- What do you hope to achieve through CrossFit? I hope to be at my healthiest, improve my physical performance, and to simply be a strong female athlete. I’ve always worked out, but CrossFit showed me otherwise and I never looked back. Strong is beautiful!!
- What is your favorite CF exercise? Favorite would be cleans.
- What CF exercise do you least like? Least favorite would be anything gymnastics as this is where I struggle the most.
- What would you tell someone considering trying CFP? I would tell them to just jump in because you will surprise yourself. It’s not as scary as it looks and the coaches really do take the time to know everyone and their abilities.