It seems Instant Pots are all the rage these days! I got one last Christmas and was intimidated by it for quite a few months, but finally feel I have a better handle on it now. Ya know, a year later 😉 I know lots of athletes at the gym have these at home too, so hoping to share more Instant Pot recipes in 2019! This recipe below is from SkinnyTaste and she has IP or slow cooker directions in the original recipe! So have no fear, if you haven’t hopped on the IP train yet, you can still make this recipe in your slow cooker, but the IP directions are below.
I made a few switches from the original recipe based on what I had at home, so that is what is below. This recipe was really tasty, low carb, and a great way to get some veggies in! Hope you enjoy!!
Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Zucchini Soup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 c onion, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I cut into chunks so they shred better)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 4 c reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 c marinara sauce
- 1 tsp chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- zucchini noodles (I bought pre-spiralized from the store & used all 16oz!)
- pecorino romano cheese
- Press saute button on Instant Pot, add oil, onion and garlic and saute until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, chicken, salt and pepper, chipotle chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cilantro.
- Cover and cook high pressure 20 minutes. Quick or natural release.
- If you didn’t buy pre-spiralized zucchini, spiralize now using a spiralizer with the thinnest noodle setting. Cut the zucchini (pre cut or not) into 6-inch strips.
- When the pressure releases, open the Instant Pot, remove the chicken, shred with 2 forks and place back in the pot along with the zucchini.
- Press saute and cook until the zucchini is tender, but still crisp, about 2 to 4 minutes. (I made it ahead of dinner time, so I just left it on keep warm with the zucchini in there til we were ready to eat and it was still tender, yet crisp!)
- To serve, ladle into bowls and top with avocado and cheese, if desired.