Meet our July 2019 Athlete of the Month – Mark Houston!!
Mark joined CFP just 6 months ago after he moved here from Florida! He regularly attends our evening classes after work and is making huge strides in all areas of his fitness, health and wellness! Mark grew up playing baseball, but since graduating was looking for something to give him that competitive edge. He has definitely found it at CrossFit! Mark is regularly putting up PR’s, getting stronger, and even completed his first competition recently!
Mark also knew that his nutrition wasn’t exactly on point. He started working with The Fuel Method at the beginning of June and is down 15 lbs in just 8 week’s time, his body composition is changing, and he feels amazing in and out the gym!
We’re so excited for you Mark!!! Keep up the great work, we know the best is yet to come! Read more about Mark below…
1. Tell us about yourself in a few sentences. I’m a Florida native and just moved to Charlotte in the past 8 months. Growing up I was always playing baseball from the time I was two years old until I graduated high school. Ever since then I’ve been itching to find a new sport to be passionate about. I found CrossFit about 6 months ago and I’ve drank the cool-aid. CrossFit is changing my life in the best possible way.
2. What do you hope to achieve through CrossFit? I hope to achieve a new level of fitness that I never thought was possible for myself.
3. What is your favorite CrossFit exercise? My favorite CrossFit exercise at this time has to be T2B. This is something I’ve achieved recently and am eager to do any WOD that incorporates it.
4. What CrossFit exercise do you least like? Least favorite is definitely burpees. I think I can speak for a lot of people on this one.
5. What would you tell someone considering trying CrossFit? I would tell them to just jump in and go for it. When I was considering CrossFit I was super intimidated by it and had thought about participating for over a year. When I finally had the courage to go, I realized that it is built for everyone, regardless of your fitness level. Also, there’s nothing like the bond you create with your fellow CrossFitters. We come from different backgrounds and interests, but CrossFit brings you together as a family.