Meet Sarah Cote, our March 2017 Athlete of the Month!!
Sarah just passed her 6 month anniversary with CrossFit Pineville!! She began her weight loss journey before starting with CrossFit by going to the gym and working on her nutrition. Brandon wound up in her barber chair one day and talked to her about CrossFit. Initially, she wasn’t sure she was “fit enough” for CrossFit, but finally she felt like she needed something more than just the mundane gym & decided to give it a try!
Sarah has been the definition of consistent since starting at CFP and boy, are her results paying off! Sarah is melting away, needing smaller and smaller clothes, while the numbers on the barbell continue to go up! She has consistently gotten stronger since starting with CFP and she isn’t afraid to work on her weaknesses! You won’t see Sarah at the evening classes, though, she’s an early AM kind of girl.
Sarah, we’re SO proud of all your hard work!! We are always cheering you on, so keep up the great work, the best is yet to come!
Read more about Sarah below…and guys, if you need a haircut, Sarah’s your girl! 😉
1. Tell us about yourself in a few sentences. I’m a barber and have been for 10 years. I am from Fort Mill originally, born and raised! My husband and I got married in May of 2016 and we have 3 fur kids, whom I love very much! Rose, Callie and Emma. I also love to cook, garden and ride motorcycle.
2. What do you hope to achieve through CrossFit?
When I first started, if you would have asked me this question I would’ve said to know how to pick up a barbell!! Now I want to achieve more strength, and focus. Also, I want to have all my forms down. By the open next year, I want to compete without scaling 😉
3. What is your favorite CF exercise? My favorite CrossFit exercise is back and front squats!
4. What CF exercise do you least like? Hmm I would have to say snatches. But just recently I think they are growing on me. My form needs some work.
5. What would you tell someone considering trying CFP? I would tell them, go for it! Even if you know nothing, you will learn and get better. You will find yourself hitting your goals, small or big. And by that, there is the motivation!
We love having you at CFP Sarah, congrats on all you’ve done so far! Excited to see how far you go 🙂