The 2019 CrossFit Games Open Season is here!!! Join us this year for the CFP Open Team Challenge as we participate in 5 weeks of fun, community, anticipation, adrenaline, pain, PRs, new bests, did I mention fun!?
Wondering what the Open is? In short, it’s one way to earn a ticket to the CrossFit Games! Although most of us probably aren’t Games bound, it’s still fun to participate and compete each year. CrossFit will release a workout each week starting Thursday, Feb. 21. You have until Monday to complete the workout (either RX or Scaled) and submit your score. You can officially sign up at games.crossfit.com.
The top in the world get invited to the Games. You can see how you stack up against them, those in your state, your profession, yourself in years past, others in the gym, your age division, etc. And this year, we’ll be competing as Teams to earn your names hung on a banner as the 2019 CFP Open Team Champions along with bragging rights around the gym for a whole year!! Here are all the details…
CFP Open Team Challenge
- Buy a CFP 2019 Open T-shirt to be on a team! (Sign ups will be at the gym tomorrow and the order will be placed 2/11!)
- Team Captains (some of your coaches!) will draft players of everyone that signs up (we will make sure teams have a mix of all fitness levels and abilities!).
- Each week, each person can earn 4 potential points for their team:
1 for completing the WOD
1 for doing it RX
1 for checkin/posting a picture on social media
1 for a PR or first… like first pull-up or muscle up, etc
- At the end of the week, the teams will be ranked 1 to however many teams we have like a competition (first place gets 1 pt, second gets 2 etc…)
- After the five weeks, the team with the lowest number of points wins an Open Banner with all their names to hang in the gym for a year!!!
- We will run the Open WODs on Saturday’s except for the final week, Friday, March 22nd, when we will hold Friday Night Lights!! Stay tuned for more details to come.
- If you need to complete the Open WOD other than Saturday’s, just let us know. We’ll make sure you get it done!
So join us for some fun and a little friendly competition!! We can’t wait!